Who We Are
Allergy Cure Path Lab Pvt. Ltd. (ACPL)
Our services include:
- Book Online Test
- Become Franchise Partner
Following are the real people behind the success of Allergy Cure Path Lab. They have contributed in providing diagnostic services of allergic reactions to patients though this online platform.
Blood tests are not as sensitive as skin tests but are often used for people who are not able to have skin tests.
Food allergy symptoms are most common in babies and children, but they can appear at any age.
Testing is the most controversial aspect of food allergy. Just getting a skin test or a blood test isn’t enough.
What is Allergy
Some of the symptoms that are caused by mild allergies such as hay fever are commonly identified in human population which includes asthma attach, hives, eczema, red eyes, running nose and itchiness. However, some patients also experience allergies that occurs due to medicinal, diet or environmental allergens that cause severe and life-threatening reactions also known as anaphylaxis. Some other sever reactions are also caused by the stinging insect’s venom like bees and wasps.
Allergies are among the most common chronic conditions worldwide. Symptoms of allergies range from making you miserable to putting you at risk for life-threatening reactions.
Published on 22 Aug 2022
Allergy Symptoms and causes
Several symptoms are triggered by the allergic reactions in the sinuses, throat, lungs, nose, stomach lining or on the skin. Following are some of the most common allergens that cause allergic reactions:
- Animal Dander
- Insect Stings
In case a person sneezes a lot, skin or mouth feels itchy or if nose is often runny then there is probability that are suffering from an allergic rhinitis which is also known as pollinosis, or hay fever. Two types of allergic rhinitis are as follows
- perennial: Symptoms caused by perennial rhinitis are caused by pet hair dander, mold, cockroaches, or dust mites and these symptoms are generally experienced year-round.
- Seasonal:Seasonal rhinitis’s symptoms can occur in early fall, summer or spring and
symptoms occurs due to allergic sensitivity to pollens from weeds, trees, grass or to airborne mold
Symptoms of allergic rhinitis include stuffy nose due to congestion or blockage, sneezing, runny nose, itchy skin, nose or mouth and fatigue.
This allergic reaction is triggered by outdoor allergens such as pollens from weeds, grass and trees, however it can also be triggered by indoor allergens (dust mites, mold, pet hair or dander, and irritants (cigarette, smoke, diesel exhaust, perfume).
Allergy Test in India
In an allergy test, blood test or skin prick test is performed for identifying the substance that triggers an allergic response in a person. The main reasons due to which skin tests are done is because these are less expensive, more reliable and rapid as compared to blood tests. However either of the type can be used for find the causes of the allergies.Blood Tests
Allergy blood test identifies for substances in the blood called antibodies. Blood tests are not as sensitive as skin tests but are often used for people who are not able to have skin tests. The most common type of blood test used is the enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA, EIA). It measures the blood level of a type of antibody (called immunoglobulin E, or IgE) that the body may make in response to certain allergens. IgE levels are often higher in people who have allergies or asthma.Blood Test
Some of the main benefits of blood tests are as follows:
- Can be done anytime despite of the medications being taken
- Multiple tests can be performed by using small amount of blood drawn from the body and only ne needle prick is required to do so.
Three most common types of skin tests include:
- Skin patch test: This test is used for detecting a contact dermatitis which is one of the type of skin allergy and to perform this test, allergen solution is taken on pad which is then taped to skin for almost 1 to 3 days.
- Skin Prick Test: This test is performed by taking a drop of solution that contains an allergen and placing it on the skin. In case the skin raises an itchy area or turns red in color, it means that person is allergic to that allergen and it is called positive reaction.
- Intradermal Test: In this test, small amount of allergen solution is injected to skin and this test is performed when skin prick test does not show proper results even when it is suspected that the person suffers from allergy. This test shows false-positive test results and is more positive in patients who do not show any symptoms to that allergen.